In spring, Anne Sommariva of Mountain Flower Farm in Cedar Grove loves to use her prolific garden’s fresh tarragon to make tasty tarragon vinegar. Here’s how to make gourmet vinegar of your own:
- Find a nice vinegar jar. (I like those with a cork, but a screw top could work, too.)
- Measure the amount of white distilled vinegar that would fit in it. Get several nice long beautiful sprigs of tarragon and stick them in the jar.
- Bring the vinegar up to just below a boil. (If it accidentally boils let it cool for a few minutes.)
- Pour the vinegar into the jar. Cork it.
- Leave the jar on your counter for two weeks and twice a day gently swish the bottle and turn it upside down once.
- Et voila! It is delightful to flavor sauces used with chicken.