Try this rhubarb recipe if you’re looking to introduce a dessert using simple ingredients that satisfies the need for a fresh spring taste!
- 2½ pounds locally grown rhubarb (cut into ½-inch wide pieces, simmered with very little water until soft, and drained)
- ½ cup plain local yogurt
- 3 tablespoons local honey (you can also use sugar)
- 2 tablespoons local apple juice (We like Pat Montoya’s Family Orchard)
- Puree the stewed rhubarb until smooth.
- Blend in the yogurt, honey, and juice.
- Place in an ice cream maker and follow the manufacturers instructions.
- Or cover and freeze in a shallow container for three to four hours until the yogurt is almost firm, then break the mixture up and process in food processor in batches until smooth.
- Freeze in an airtight container until firm, and serve.
— Adapted from The Rhubarb Compendium