Micro-Loan Program for New Mexico Farmers
The New Mexico Farmers’ Marketing Association (NMFMA) is a nonprofit organization with a mission to support farmers and producers who grow and sell food at farmers’ markets and other local and direct marketing venues in New Mexico.
With donations received, the NMFMA maintains an account at the Sandia Area Federal Credit Union (SAFCU) with funds to be used as collateral for small loans to New Mexico farmers. This enables the loans to be offered at a low interest rate and as the loans are repaid, the funds can be reused to secure new loans. It is reuse and recycling at its best!
- Loan amounts available: $500 – $3,000
- Terms: 40 months, fixed interest rate of 6% (check with NMFMA for most current rate) There is no penalty for early repayment
To qualify for a loan, applicants must comply with each of the following requirements:
- Submit an NMFMA Pre-qualification Letter (PDF: view guidelines). Applicants may also call the NMFMA at (505) 983-4010, to request an application form by mail or fax.
- Must be a SFACU member by establishing an account at SFACU with a $50.00 balance, and upon pre-qualification approval, fill out a basic one-page NMFMA Loan Application.
- Must be a food producer or food vendor (for at least one year) at an NMFMA member market. If you are a New Mexico food producer, food vendor, or are affiliated with local food who does not sell at an NMFMA member market, please contact us and we may be able to help.
- We may request an exit interview at the end of the payment period.
Send your Pre-qualification Letters to: email@example.com
Or mail to:
New Mexico Farmers’ Marketing Association
1219 Luisa St. #1
Santa Fe, NM 87505
Questions? Contact the New Mexico Farmers’ Marketing Association at (505) 983-4010 or write to firstname.lastname@example.org.