Apricot Ice Cream
You don't need an ice cream maker to enjoy this four-ingredient treat! Just fresh apricots, a blender, and a few other ingredients are all you need. Try to use locally grown apricots in-season; if you can't find fresh apricots you can substitute with canned or frozen.
- 1 lb apricots about 16 fresh, or 1 14 oz can, or 1 lb frozen
- 1 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup pecans New Mexico-grown
- Wash and remove the pit from the fresh apricots.
- Add the apricots, sweetened condensed milk, and vanilla extract to the blender.
- Blend on high speed until very smooth.
- Pour into a freezer-safe, covered container and freeze overnight.
- Serve with pecans (you can also add chopped pecans after blending the other ingredients, and before freezing).
Calories: 229kcalCarbohydrates: 16gProtein: 4gFat: 18gSaturated Fat: 2gPolyunsaturated Fat: 5gMonounsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 2mgPotassium: 398mgFiber: 5gSugar: 12gVitamin A: 2199IUVitamin C: 12mgCalcium: 33mgIron: 1mg
Recipe and photo by Christina Keibler.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!