Try this salad as a quick and satisfying meal for the entire family. Even though it has what might seem like a long list of ingredients, the recipe itself comes together very quickly. This is sure to please even the pickiest of salad eaters!
- 2 pounds steak (London broil, round or flank steak; about 1 to 1½-inches thick)
- Juice from 2 medium limes
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons red chile-garlic sauce (adjust to taste)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3-5 cloves minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons minced ginger (adjust to taste)
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 6-8 cups mixed lettuce greens
- 1 small red onion sliced thin
- 2 small/medium cucumbers cut in half then sliced into thin half-moons
- 1-2 cups of cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- ½ cup chopped cilantro leaves
- ½ cup basil leaves, sliced into ribbons
- Chopped peanuts for garnish
- Chopped cilantro, basil or mint for garnish
- Combine dressing ingredients. Split the mixture in half, setting aside one half for the dressing. Marinate steak in the other half (overnight if possible).
Grill steak on stovetop or broil in oven to get nice char on meat. Cook to medium rare. Let rest and then slice thinly across the grain.
Take remaining dressing and blend with 1 or 2 tablespoons of additional oil to make dressing. Season to taste.
Mix vegetables and greens together in large bowl. Use two-thirds of dressing to dress salad. Plate greens in bowl and add steak slices on top. Garnish with peanuts and/or chopped cilantro, basil or mint. Drizzle remaining dressing over top as desired.