This frittata can be made using any fresh vegetable; just see what looks good at market! It's a simple meal to prepare for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Eggs are the only constant in this dish; all other ingedients, from vegetables to cheese, are only dependent upon what's in season and your personal preference.
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 pound potatoes
- 1/2 onion white or yellow
- 4 ounces cheese pick your favorite, or a combination
- Preheat oven to 375 ºF.
- Line an 8 inch x 6 inch baking dish with parchment paper.
- Add about a tablespoon of oil to a skillet and warm over medium heat. Chop the potatoes and onion into 1-inch pieces and fry in the skillet.
- Place the potato and onion mixture into the baking dish and spread evenly over the bottom. Add half the cheese on top.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl and whisk until completely combined, adding salt and pepper to taste. Pour over the potato and onions. Top with the remaining cheese.
- Bake the frittata for about 45 minutes, or until the center is just set. Remove from the oven and let rest for about 10 minutes before serving with a side salad or cucumbers and onions.
Calories: 289kcalCarbohydrates: 12gProtein: 19gFat: 18gSaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 357mgSodium: 305mgPotassium: 408mgFiber: 1gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 759IUVitamin C: 12mgCalcium: 264mgIron: 2mg
Recipe and photo by Christina Keibler
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!