Fruit butters are a gift of summer, and they're not just for apples! Try this peach butter using in-season, New Mexico peaches! You'll enjoy the perfect balance of peaches and local honey on toast, yogurt, or even as a glaze on salmon.
- 3 pounds peaches (About 9 peaches. Use locally grown, pitted and quartered, but with the skin on)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup New Mexico honey (Feel free to decrease the amount)
- Place the peaches in a large pot and add the 1/4 cup of water.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer on low for about 15 to 20 minutes, or until the peaches are starting to fall apart.
- Use an immersion blender to blend the peaches into a smooth consistency.
- Add the honey and stir to combine.
- Cook on low heat, stirring often, until the peaches are thickened and golden (about an hour).
Calories: 260kcalCarbohydrates: 68gProtein: 2gFat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 3mgPotassium: 460mgFiber: 4gSugar: 65gVitamin A: 739IUVitamin C: 15mgCalcium: 17mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!