This will quickly become a family favorite! And the leftovers (if there are any) can be mixed with a bit of mayonnaise to make a delicious cold potato salad. The longest part of this recipe is waiting for the potatoes to roast, but since they’re cut into 1-inch cubes, this only takes about 30 minutes. If you keep green chile paste on hand, this dish can be part of a tasty meal in well under an hour.
(Serves four as a side dish)
- 1 to 1 1/2 pounds small, locally grown potatoes (they can be red, white, or blue)
- 1 recipe green chile paste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Chop potatoes into 1-inch pieces and place in a bowl.
- Drizzle olive oil over potatoes and sprinkle with cumin and salt. Stir to coat.
- Place potatoes on a baking sheet and bake in the oven for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven, stir well, and bake an additional 10 minutes, or until lightly browned and a little crispy.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven and place them back in the bowl into which you mixed the raw potatoes with the olive oil, cumin, and salt.
- Mix the chile paste in with the warm potatoes and serve.