Spicy Lime Potato Salad
This adaptable potato salad will hit the spot when locally grown potatoes are available, which is much of the year, thanks to their keeping powers. While this recipe calls for two jalapeños, you can adjust to your taste. Also, try to use locally grown scallions or, in spring, locally grown new onions.
Course Salad, Side Dish
Servings 4 servings
Calories 288 kcal
- 4 potatoes (medium-sized boiling potato)
- 4 eggs (hard boiled and cooled)
- 2 scallions (chopped)
- 2 jalapeños (diced)
- 2 tbs mayonnaise
- 1 tbs cilantro (chopped or ground)
- 1/2 lime (juiced)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Boil the potatoes until soft, then drain and let them cool. Slice the cooled potatoes into bite-sized pieces and place them in a bowl.
- Slice the eggs into bite-sized pieces, and add them to the potatoes.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the potatoes and eggs, and mix until well-combined.
Calories: 288kcalCarbohydrates: 41gProtein: 10gFat: 10gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 167mgSodium: 414mgPotassium: 1057mgFiber: 5gSugar: 3gVitamin A: 531IUVitamin C: 78mgCalcium: 61mgIron: 3mg
Recipe and photo by Christina Keibler.
Keyword Spring Recipe, Summer Recipe, Winter Recipe
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!