The New Mexico Tourism Department is proud to announce the launch of the New Mexico True Certified program, an initiative that will allow select New Mexico businesses to leverage the hugely popular New Mexico True brand to build their product’s recognition and amplify their existing marketing message. The New Mexico True Certified program brings national attention to the quality, care and craftsmanship behind products that are uniquely New Mexican, while providing opportunity for small and large businesses to integrate the New Mexico True Certified mark on their packaging, fulfillment, and marketing materials.
This FREE program and the application is open to licensed New Mexico businesses whose products fall into at least one of the following categories:
- 100% Made in New Mexico – to be used for products made or manufactured in New Mexico*. This does not require that every ingredient or component (such as packaging materials) used to produce the end product is sourced, made or grown in New Mexico. Examples of potentially qualifying products for this mark include packaged consumer products such as wine, lotion, or salsa.
- 100% Born & Raised in New Mexico – to be used for animals and livestock that produce food and fiber products. Animals/livestock “born and raised in New Mexico” must be traceable to location of birth through records and identification and verified by a third party, certifying organization. Examples of potentially qualifying products for this mark include dairy products, meat products and other products such as wool from livestock.
- 100% Grown in New Mexico – to be used for plants or non-meat agricultural products. Plants or other agriculture products must be lotted and carry marks and/or identification that can be traceable to farm of harvest and verified by a third party, certifying organization. Examples of potentially qualifying products for this mark include herbs, fruits and vegetables.
What you need to know about the New Mexico True Certified program:
- It is ONLY available to New Mexico companies and products
- All products must be 100% made, grown in and/or born and raised in New Mexico*
- All products are of the highest quality, with food products manufactured with a commitment to “restaurant-quality” ingredients
Benefits of being accepted into the New Mexico True Certified program:
- Ability to integrate “New Mexico True Certified” mark on packaging and marketing materials
- Business or product listing on NewMexico.org
- Consideration for inclusion in an upcoming issue of New Mexico Magazine and/or future episodes of New Mexico True Television
- Retail opportunity through designated New Mexico True Certified e-commerce site
- Referral to consumer retail merchandising consultant
- Advertising, social media, and public relations support for the New Mexico True Certified program through the New Mexico Tourism Department
- Additional promotional opportunities as they arise
To qualify your product(s) for the New Mexico True Certified program:
Once your completed application has been received a representative from the New Mexico Tourism Department will be in touch to review your application and discuss how your product(s) can best benefit from inclusion in the New Mexico True Certified program.
Questions: Please contact email@example.com
* The New Mexico Tourism Department does not verify the source of products for its 100% Made In certification. While all ingredients for participation in the 100% Made In category are not required to be sourced from New Mexico, all products containing chile are subject to the requirements of the New Mexico Chile Advertising Act (NMSA 1978, §§21-11-1 to -5, as amended). The requirements of the Act may be met by complying with NMDA rules, and/or certification by the New Mexico Chile Association through its New Mexico Certified Chile® program, or other valid source verification entity. The New Mexico Tourism Department reserves the right to deny participation in the True Certified Program for reasons that include non-compliance with the Act.